1. The competition to be selected to take part in the Climate Change College Programme is open to all residents of the UK, and Netherlands aged between 18 and 25 except employees (and their families) of Ben & Jerry’s Ltd and the WWF, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this programme.
2. Closing date for receipt of your application is 10TH October 2005. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Illegible or altered entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
3. Entries will become the property of the Promoters and will not be returned. All entries shall be original and shall not have been previously published or exploited in any part of the would and will not infringe any copyright, right of privacy, right of publicity or personality or any other right whatsoever of any third party. Entrants shall be the sole author of the completed work and the sole absolute unencumbered legal and beneficial owner of all rights of copyright and other rights to the completed entry. Entrants shall indemnify and hold the Promoters harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that they did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorised to allow publication and reproduction of the work by the Promoters. Participants hereby grant to the Promoters a perpetual world wide royalty free licence to use, publish and reproduce their completed entry in any media for publicity or other purposes.
4. By entering the competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
5. One entry per person.
6. All entries will be judged by a panel which will include an independent judge and 50 participants will be shortlisted to stage 2 of the selection process. Those participants shortlisted from stage 2 of the selection process will need to attend a final assessment weekend on 18th and 19th November 2005 in the Netherlands. Expenses for travel, accommodation and subsistence will be provided by Ben & Jerry’s. The Promoters will not be held liable for any accidental damage or injury caused pursuant to this programme unless causes by the negligence or default.
7. There are a total of 6 Ambassador places available, 3 from the UK, and 3 from the Netherlands
8. Successful candidates will need to be available to participate in Arctic Pre-Training in the month of March 2006, Arctic Training Week in late April / early May 2006. Expenses for travel, accommodation and subsistence will be provided by Ben & Jerry’s.
9. All applicants need to be prepared to participate in publicity to support the programme and agree not to bring the name or reputation of the Promoters or the Programme into any disrepute or ridicule.
10. The language of the college is English and all entries need to be submitted in English and all candidates must be fluent English speakers.
11. The judging panel will include representation from WWF, Marc Cornelissen, Ben & Jerry’s and an independent representative. The judging criteria will be based upon applicant’s knowledge of the environment, communication skills, dedication, resourcefulness and willingness to learn.
12. The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Successful applicants will be selected by December 20th 2005 and notified by post within the week.
14. Details of the successful applicants will be made available on the www.climatechangecollege.org website from January 2006.
15. Sorry, but no cash alternative is available should you win.
16. Ben & Jerry's reserve the right to alter the nature of the Programme or any of these terms and conditions or close the competition.
Promoters and Data Controllers:Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Limited
10 Charter Place